And Turn Again and She Can Weep Sir
Othello Translation Human activity 4, Scene 1
IAGO
What, To kiss in private?
IAGO
What, that they kissed in individual?
OTHELLO
An unauthorized osculation!
OTHELLO
An inappropriate buss!
IAGO
Or to be naked with her friend in bed An hour or more than, not meaning any impairment?
IAGO
Or considering she was naked in bed with a friend for just an hr or more than, non pregnant whatever harm?
OTHELLO
Naked in bed, Iago, and not hateful harm! It is hypocrisy against the devil. They that mean virtuously, and yet practise so, The devil their virtue tempts, and they tempt heaven.
OTHELLO
Iago, naked in bed and non meaning any harm? That would be like tricking the devil. If they were acting this way but had virtuous intentions, they were tempted by the devil and they were tempting God to damn them.
IAGO
So they do cipher, 'tis a venial skid. But if I give my wife a handkerchief—
IAGO
As long as they oasis't actually done annihilation, information technology's just a pardonable sin. But, if I requite my wife a handkerchief . . .
IAGO
Why and so 'tis hers, my lord, and, being hers, She may, I think, bestow 't on any man.
IAGO
And so it belongs to her, my lord. And since it is hers, she may give information technology to any man she wants.
OTHELLO
She is protectress of her laurels too. May she give that?
OTHELLO
Her award belongs to her, as well. Tin can she give that away, also?
IAGO
Her accolade is an essence that's not seen, They take it very oft that accept it not. But for the handkerchief—
IAGO
Her honor is part of her inner essence that tin't be seen. Often people have an honorable reputation but aren't really honorable. Merely every bit for the handkerchief—
OTHELLO
Past heaven, I would most gladly accept forgot it. Thou saidst—Oh, it comes o'er my memory, As doth the raven o'er the infectious house, Boding to all—he had my handkerchief.
OTHELLO
By sky, I wish I had forgotten most information technology. Yous told me—oh, it comes back to my retention, like the bad omen of a raven coming over a firm where someone is sick—that Cassio had my handkerchief.
OTHELLO
That'due south not and then skillful now.
OTHELLO
That is non so good, now.
IAGO
What if I had said I had seen him do you lot wrong? Or heard him say—equally knaves be such abroad, Who having, by their own importunate accommodate, Or voluntary dotage of some mistress, Convincèd or supplied them, cannot cull But they must blab—
IAGO
What if I had told y'all that I saw him do you wrong? Or what if I heard him say so—there are some villains out in that location who, once they accept seduced or satisfied some mistress with their flirting and doting, tin can't help but brag about it —
OTHELLO
Hath he said whatsoever thing?
OTHELLO
Has he said something?
IAGO
He hath, my lord, but be y'all well assured No more than he'll unswear.
IAGO
My lord, he has—only yous can be sure that he'll deny it.
OTHELLO
What hath he said?
IAGO
Why, that he did—I know not what he did.
IAGO
Well, he said that he did—I don't know what he did.
IAGO
With her, on her, what y'all will.
IAGO
With her, on her, all the same you want to say information technology.
OTHELLO
Lie with her? lie on her? We say "lie on her" when they belie her! Lie with her—that's fulsome. Handkerchief—confessions—handkerchief! To confess, and exist hanged for his labor. First to be hanged, and so to confess—I tremble at it . Nature would non invest herself in such shadowing passion without some instruction. It is not words that shake me thus. Pish! Noses, ears, and lips. Is 't possible? Confess!—Handkerchief!—Oh, devil!—
OTHELLO
Lie with her? Lie on her? To lie on someone is to tell lies about that person! To lie with her—that's obscene. First the handkerchief, and now this confession! Should he confess first and so exist executed? No, I'll impale him beginning and let him confess later. I am trembling with anger, and nature wouldn't brand my body exercise this without some reason. Information technology must be more than a rumor if it's making me tremble like this. Ugh! Noses, ears, and lips. Could this exist true? That he would acknowledge to information technology—and the handkerchief! Oh, devil!
IAGO
Work on, My medicine, work! Thus credulous fools are caught, And many worthy and celibate dames even thus, All guiltless, meet reproach.— What, ho! My lord! My lord, I say! Othello!
IAGO
[To himself] Continue on working, my harmful medicine, keep on working! This is how gullible fools are tricked, and many trustworthy and chaste women, completely innocent, are punished in situations like this.
[To OTHELLO] Hey! My lord! My lord! Othello!
CASSIO
What's the matter?
IAGO
My lord is fall'n into an epilepsy. This is his second fit. He had one yesterday.
IAGO
My lord has fallen into a seizure. This is the 2d time he's had ane of these fits. He had one yesterday.
CASSIO
Rub him about the temples.
IAGO
No, forbear. The lethargy must take his serenity course. If non, he foams at mouth and by and past Breaks out to savage madness. Expect, he stirs. Do you withdraw yourself a fiddling while, He volition recover straight. When he is gone I would on nifty occasion speak with you lot.
IAGO
No, hold on. We have to let the fit run its course. Otherwise he'll foam at the mouth and intermission out in a fit of cruel madness. Look, he's moving. Stay away for a bit. He'll recover soon. When he is gone, I would really like to talk to y'all in individual.
How is it, full general? Have you not injure your caput?
How are you, General? Have you injure your head?
OTHELLO
Dost thou mock me?
OTHELLO
Are you mocking me?
IAGO
I mock yous not, by sky. Would you would bear your fortune like a homo!
IAGO
No, I swear to God! I wish you would bear your misfortune like a man!
OTHELLO
A hornèd human being's a monster and a beast.
OTHELLO
A human who'southward been cheated on isn't a human; he has the cuckold'south horns, then is a monstrous beast.
IAGO
There's many a animal and so in a populous city, And many a civil monster.
IAGO
Well and so, there are many monsters in big cities, and many monsters that pass for men.
OTHELLO
Did he confess it?
OTHELLO
Did Cassio confess to information technology?
IAGO
Adept sir, be a human, Think every bearded beau that's just yoked May draw with you. There'due south millions at present alive That nightly prevarication in those unproper beds Which they dare swear peculiar. Your case is better. Oh, 'tis the spite of hell, the fiend's arch-mock, To lip a wanton in a secure couch, And to suppose her chaste. No, let me know, And knowing what I am, I know what she shall be.
IAGO
Expert sir, be a man. Retrieve about information technology: every married man has experienced what you're going through. In that location are millions of wives at present living who sleep in disgraced beds which they swear vest only to their husbands. But you're better off. It'south fifty-fifty worse—a curse from hell—to osculation your wife in bed thinking that she is chaste when she isn't. No, I'd rather know if my wife were cheating on me. Then I'd know exactly what sort of person I am and what sort of person my wife is.
OTHELLO
Oh, grand art wise! 'Tis certain.
OTHELLO
Oh, y'all are certainly wise!
IAGO
Stand up yous awhile apart, Confine yourself simply in a patient list. Whilst y'all were here o'erwhelmèd with your grief— A passion most resulting such a man— Cassio came hither. I shifted him abroad And laid good 'scuses upon your ecstasy, Bade him anon render and here speak with me, The which he promised. Do but encave yourself, And marking the fleers, the gibes, and notable scorns That dwell in every region of his face. For I will make him tell the tale anew Where, how, how oft, how long agone, and when He hath, and is again to cope your wife. I say, but mark his gesture. Marry, patience, Or I shall say yous are all in all in spleen, And nothing of a human.
IAGO
Stay away from her for a while. Be patient. While you were overwhelmed by your grief— a passionate feeling you are prone to—Cassio was here. I sent him abroad and made some excuse for your fit of passion. I told him to come back here and speak with me, and he promised to practise and then. Hide nearby and sentinel the sneers and visible expressions of scorn all over his face, every bit I ask him to tell me again virtually where, how, how often, how long agone, and when he has slept and will again sleep with your wife. Only watch his expression. Please, be patient, or else you'll show that y'all are completely ruled by your emotions and not a real human.
OTHELLO
Dost thou hear, Iago? I will exist constitute most cunning in my patience, Simply—dost 1000 hear?—most encarmine.
OTHELLO
Mind to me, Iago: I will exist patient and cunning. But—do y'all hear me?—I will take violent activity after.
IAGO
That'southward non amiss, But yet keep fourth dimension in all. Volition you withdraw?
IAGO
That's not wrong. Just expect for a fleck. Will you footstep back and hide?
Now will I question Cassio of Bianca, A huswife that by selling her desires Buys herself staff of life and clothes. Information technology is a creature That dotes on Cassio, as 'tis the strumpet's plague To beguile many and be beguiled by one. He, when he hears of her, cannot refrain From the excess of laughter. Here he comes.
Now I will question Cassio about Bianca, a loose girl that makes a living by selling herself to men. The whore loves Cassio, and it's her bad luck to attract many men merely be attracted to only 1. When he is asked about her, he can't aid merely laugh. Here he comes.
Equally he shall smile, Othello shall become mad. And his unbookish jealousy must construe Poor Cassio'southward smiles, gestures, and light beliefs Quite in the wrong.— How do you now, lieutenant?
[To himself] As Cassio smiles while we talk, Othello volition go mad. And his unrestrained jealousy volition misinterpret poor Cassio's smiles, gestures, and jovial beliefs.
[To CASSIO ] How are yous doing now, lieutenant?
CASSIO
The worser that yous requite me the addition Whose want even kills me.
CASSIO
I'g doing worse now since y'all called me lieutenant, when it's killing me that I don't have that title anymore.
IAGO
Ply Desdemona well, and you are certain on 't. At present if this suit lay in Bianca'southward power How apace should you speed!
IAGO
Ask Desdemona to help you, and you'll surely go it back.
[To CASSIO and then merely he tin can hear] At present, if it were Bianca who had the power to help you, I imagine y'all'd be running off to her as fast equally you could!
CASSIO
Alas, poor inequitable!
CASSIO
Ha, that poor woman!
OTHELLO
Look how he laughs already!
OTHELLO
Look how he'south laughing already!
IAGO
I never knew woman love man and then.
IAGO
I've never seen a woman love a human every bit much as she loves yous.
CASSIO
Alas, poor rogue, I think indeed she loves me.
CASSIO
Alas, the poor girl, I call up she really does love me.
OTHELLO
At present he denies it faintly, and laughs it out.
OTHELLO
Now he denies his crime a fleck, and laughs information technology off.
IAGO
Do y'all hear, Cassio?
IAGO
Accept you heard, Cassio?
OTHELLO
Now he importunes him To tell information technology o'er. Go to, well said, well said.
OTHELLO
At present Iago is asking Cassio to tell the story again. Go on, well said, well said.
IAGO
She gives it out that y'all shall ally her. Do yous intend it?
IAGO
She is maxim that you're going to marry her. Do you intend to?
OTHELLO
Do ye triumph, Roman? Practice you triumph?
OTHELLO
Are you celebrating like a triumphant Roman full general? Are you triumphing after your conquest?
CASSIO
I marry her! What? A customer? Prithee bear some charity to my wit. Do non recollect it so unwholesome. Ha, ha, ha!
CASSIO
Me, marry her? A prostitute? Please, think a lilliputian more highly of me; don't think I'm that stupid. Ha, ha, ha!
OTHELLO
So, then, so, so! They laugh that win!
OTHELLO
Aha, so at that place! He's laughing similar he'south won her over!
IAGO
Religion, the cry goes that you shall marry her.
IAGO
Really, rumor has it that you are going to ally her.
CASSIO
Please, is that true?
IAGO
I am a very villain else.
IAGO
I swear information technology is, or else I'm a villain.
OTHELLO
Take yous scored me? Well.
OTHELLO
Have you wronged me? Well, then.
CASSIO
This is the monkey's own giving out. She is persuaded I will marry her, out of her ain dear and flattery, not out of my promise.
CASSIO
The monkey herself must be spreading this rumor. She is convinced I will ally her, driven by her ain dear and self-flattery. I haven't promised her anything.
OTHELLO
Iago beckons me. Now he begins the story.
OTHELLO
Iago is signaling to me. Now Cassio is beginning the story.
CASSIO
She was here even now. She haunts me in every place. I was the other day talking on the sea-bank with certain Venetians, and thither comes the bauble and, by this hand, she falls me thus about my neck—
CASSIO
She was here simply now. She follows me everywhere. The other 24-hour interval I was talking along the shore with some Venetians, and the silly girl came to me and—I swear—she hangs effectually my cervix similar this—
OTHELLO
Crying "O dear Cassio!" as it were. His gesture imports information technology.
OTHELLO
He looks similar he's crying out, "Oh dear Cassio!" That's what his gestures point.
CASSIO
And so hangs and lolls and weeps upon me, so shakes, and pulls me! Ha, ha, ha!
CASSIO
She hangs on me similar this and cries on my shoulder and shakes and pulls me similar this! Ha, ha, ha!
OTHELLO
Now he tells how she plucked him to my bedchamber. Oh, I see that nose of yours, simply not that domestic dog I shall throw it to.
OTHELLO
Now he'south talking about how she dragged him to my bedchamber. Oh, Cassio, I'm going to cut off your nose and throw information technology to some canis familiaris.
CASSIO
Well, I must leave her company.
CASSIO
Well, I must stop spending time with her.
IAGO
Earlier me! Expect, where she comes.
IAGO
My goodness! Expect, she's coming.
CASSIO
'Tis such another fitchew. Marry, a perfumed one.— What do you hateful by this haunting of me?
CASSIO
Just the prostitute we were talking about. And she's wearing perfume. Why are you following me around similar this?
BIANCA
Let the devil and his dam haunt you! What did you hateful by that aforementioned handkerchief yous gave me even now? I was a fine fool to take it. I must have out the work? A likely piece of piece of work, that yous should detect it in your sleeping room, and not know who left it in that location! This is some minx's token, and I must accept out the piece of work? At that place, give it your hobby-horse. Wheresoever you had information technology, I'll have out no piece of work on 't.
BIANCA
Permit the devil and his wife follow you lot around! Why did you requite me that handkerchief but recently? I was an idiot to take information technology. You want me to copy the embroidery? What a likely story, that you establish information technology in your room and didn't know who left it in that location! This is a souvenir from some woman, and yous want me to re-create out the embroidery? In that location, give information technology dorsum to your new mistress. Wherever you got it from, I'thousand non copying any of it.
CASSIO
How at present, my sweet Bianca! How now, how now?
CASSIO
What'southward the thing, my sweet Bianca? What'south the matter?
OTHELLO
By heaven, that should be my handkerchief!
OTHELLO
Past heaven, that's my handkerchief!
BIANCA
If y'all'll come to supper tonight, yous may. If you volition not, come when you are next prepared for.
BIANCA
If yous will come take dinner with me tonight, and then okay. If you don't come to dinner then but continue on waiting until I call for you lot next—which will be never.
IAGO
After her, after her.
IAGO
Become subsequently her, go after her.
CASSIO
I must, she'll runway in the street else.
CASSIO
I must. Otherwise, she'll brand a ruckus in the street.
IAGO
Will y'all go to dinner with her?
CASSIO
Yep, I intend to go.
IAGO
Well, I may chance to encounter you, for I would very fain speak with you.
IAGO
Well, I'd like to get a run a risk to meet you later, because I really would like to speak with you.
CASSIO
Prithee come, will you?
CASSIO
Please come up to the diner, and then. Volition y'all?
IAGO
Terminate talking and go subsequently her!
OTHELLO
[advancing] How shall I murder him, Iago?
OTHELLO
[Coming forward out of hiding] How should I murder him, Iago?
IAGO
Did y'all perceive how he laughed at his vice?
IAGO
Did yous encounter how he laughed well-nigh his law-breaking?
IAGO
And did you run into the handkerchief?
IAGO
And did you see the handkerchief?
OTHELLO
Was that my handkerchief?
IAGO
Yours by this hand. And to see how he prizes the foolish adult female your wife! She gave it him, and he hath given information technology his whore.
IAGO
I swear on my manus, it was yours. And look how much he cares about your foolish wife! She gave him her handkerchief, and he turns effectually and gives it to a whore.
OTHELLO
I would have him nine years a-killing. A fine woman! A fair woman! A sweet woman!
OTHELLO
If I could, I'd spend 9 years killing him slowly. She was a fine woman! A cute woman! A sweetness adult female!
IAGO
Nay, y'all must forget that.
IAGO
Yous must forget near that.
OTHELLO
Ay, let her rot and perish and be damned tonight, for she shall not alive. No, my centre is turned to stone. I strike it and information technology hurts my manus. Oh, the earth hath non a sweeter beast, she might lie by an emperor's side and control him tasks.
OTHELLO
Yeah, let her rot and perish and go to hell this night, for she will not live past tonight. No, my heart has turned to stone. If I vanquish my breast, it hurts my hand. Oh, there's not a sweeter beast in the world! She could be the married woman of an emperor and he'd obey her commands.
IAGO
Nay, that's not your way.
IAGO
No, that's not like you to obey a woman.
OTHELLO
Hang her! I do but say what she is. So delicate with her needle, an admirable musician. Oh, she will sing the savageness out of a bear! Of so high and plenteous wit and invention!
OTHELLO
Allow her be hanged! I'chiliad just calling her what she is now. Such a skilled sewer, such an admirable musician. Oh, she could sing so well she'd charm a brutal bear to gentleness! She's so clever and intelligent!
IAGO
She's the worse for all this.
IAGO
All these traits make her even worse.
OTHELLO
Oh, a m thousand times—and then of and so gentle a status!
OTHELLO
Oh, they make her a g times worse! And she has such a gentle nature!
OTHELLO
Nay, that'due south certain. Just yet the pity of it, Iago! O Iago, the compassion of information technology, Iago!
OTHELLO
That's certainly true. But what a compassion this is, Iago! Oh, Iago, the pity!
IAGO
If you are then fond over her iniquity, give her patent to offend, for if it bear on not you information technology comes virtually nobody.
IAGO
If you all the same care about her after her sinfulness, give her permission to cheat on you lot. If it doesn't bother you, information technology doesn't harm anyone.
OTHELLO
I will chop her into messes! Cuckold me?
OTHELLO
I volition chop her up into piffling bits! Cheat on me, will she?
IAGO
Oh, 'tis foul in her.
IAGO
Oh, information technology's actually a foul thing for her to practice.
OTHELLO
With mine officer!
OTHELLO
With my own lieutenant!
OTHELLO
Get me some poison, Iago, tonight. I'll non expostulate with her, lest her body and beauty unprovide my heed again—This dark, Iago!
OTHELLO
Iago, go me some poison this very dark. I won't speak to her, and so her body and beauty don't play tricks my mind again. Get me the poisonous substance tonight, Iago!
IAGO
Practice it not with poison. Strangle her in her bed, fifty-fifty the bed she hath contaminated.
IAGO
Don't poison her. Strangle her in her bed—the very bed she contaminated with her affair.
OTHELLO
Expert, proficient, the justice of it pleases! Very good!
OTHELLO
Good thought! Poetic justice! Very good!
IAGO
And for Cassio, let me be his undertaker. You shall hear more past midnight.
IAGO
And equally for Cassio, let me handle him. Y'all'll hear more about it by midnight.
What trumpet is that same?
IAGO
I warrant something from Venice. 'Tis Lodovico, this, comes from the duke. See, your wife's with him.
IAGO
It must be some news from Venice. Here comes Lodovico, from the Duke. Await, your wife is with him.
Enter LODOVICO, DESDEMONA, and attendants
LODOVICO
Save you, worthy general!
LODOVICO
Hello, noble General.
OTHELLO
With all my heart, sir.
LODOVICO
The knuckles and senators of Venice greet you.
LODOVICO
The Knuckles and Senators of Venice send their greetings.
OTHELLO
I kiss the musical instrument of their pleasures.
OTHELLO
I kiss the letter that contains their commands.
DESDEMONA
And what's the news, practiced cousin Lodovico?
DESDEMONA
And what'due south the news, adept cousin Lodovico?
IAGO
I am very glad to run across you, signior. Welcome to Cyprus.
IAGO
I am very glad to encounter you lot, sir. Welcome to Cyprus.
LODOVICO
I thanks. How does lieutenant Cassio?
LODOVICO
Thank you. How is Lieutenant Cassio doing?
DESDEMONA
Cousin, there's autumn'n betwixt him and my lord An unkind breach, just you shall brand all well.
DESDEMONA
Cousin, there'southward a rift at present between my hubby and him. But y'all tin can mend information technology.
OTHELLO
Are you lot certain of that?
OTHELLO
Are you certain virtually that?
OTHELLO
[reads] "This fail y'all not to practice, as you volition—"
OTHELLO
[Reading the letter] "Don't fail to do this, since you will—"
LODOVICO
He did non phone call, he'due south busy in the paper. Is there sectionalisation 'twixt my lord and Cassio?
LODOVICO
He wasn't talking to you lot, Desdemona. He's decorated reading the letter. Is there actually a dispute between my lord and Cassio?
DESDEMONA
A about unhappy one. I would do much T' atone them, for the love I behave to Cassio.
DESDEMONA
Aye, a most unhappy i. I would do anything to repair their friendship, because of my beloved for Cassio.
OTHELLO
Burn down and brimstone!
OTHELLO
Fire and brimstone!
OTHELLO
Exercise y'all accept whatsoever sense?
DESDEMONA
What, is he angry?
DESDEMONA
What, is he angry?
LODOVICO
Maybe the letter of the alphabet moved him, For, equally I recollect, they do command him domicile, Deputing Cassio in his government.
LODOVICO
Maybe the letter upset him. I call back they've ordered him to render habitation and leave Cassio in charge here.
DESDEMONA
By my troth, I am glad on 't.
DESDEMONA
Truthfully, I'm glad most that.
OTHELLO
I am glad to see y'all mad.
OTHELLO
I'k glad to meet that you are aroused.
DESDEMONA
Why, sugariness Othello—
DESDEMONA
Why, sweet Othello—
OTHELLO
Devil! [strikes her]
OTHELLO
You devil! [He hits DESDEMONA]
DESDEMONA
I have not deserved this.
DESDEMONA
I haven't washed annihilation to deserve this.
LODOVICO
My lord, this would not be believed in Venice, Though I should swear I saw 't. 'Tis very much. Brand her amends, she weeps.
LODOVICO
My lord, no one in Venice would believe yous only did that—even if I swore that I saw information technology with my own eyes. This is no small matter. Repent to her. She's crying.
OTHELLO
Oh, devil, devil! If that the earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would show a crocodile. Out of my sight!
OTHELLO
Oh, devil, devil! If the whole world were filled with the tears of women, they'd all exist fake tears! Get out of my sight!
DESDEMONA
I will not stay to offend you.
DESDEMONA
I will not stay, if information technology offends you.
LODOVICO
Truly, an obedient lady. I exercise beseech your lordship, call her dorsum.
LODOVICO
She is truly an obedient lady. I beg you, my lord, call her back.
OTHELLO
What would you with her, sir?
OTHELLO
What exercise you want with her, sir?
LODOVICO
Who, I, my lord?
OTHELLO
Ay, you did wish that I would make her plough. Sir, she tin turn, and turn, and yet go on, And turn over again. And she can cry, sir, weep. And she'south obedient, as yous say, obedient, Very obedient. (To DESDEMONA) Proceed you lot in your tears. (To LODOVICO) Concerning this, sir— (To DESDEMONA) Oh, well-painted passion! (To LODOVICO) I am commanded home. (To DESDEMONA) Get you abroad, I'll transport for you anon. (To LODOVICO) Sir, I obey the mandate And will render to Venice. (To DESDEMONA) Hence, avaunt!
OTHELLO
Aye, y'all're the one who wanted me to have her turn around and come back here. She can plow around all right; she'south very good at turning on y'all. And she tin cry, sir. And she's obedient, every bit you say, very obedient.
[To DESDEMONA] Proceed on crying.
[To LODOVICO] About this letter, sir.
[To DESDEMONA ] Oh you are pretending really well!
[ To LODOVICO] I take been ordered to come home.
[To DESDEMONA] Go away. I'll call for you lot subsequently.
[To LODOVICO] Sir, I obey my orders and will return to Venice.
[To DESDEMONA] Get away from here! Away!
Cassio shall take my place. And, sir, this evening I do entreat that we may sup together. Yous are welcome, sir, to Cyprus. Goats and monkeys!
Cassio will take over for me here. And, sir, this night I ask you to take dinner together with me. Welcome to Republic of cyprus, sir. Oh, goats and monkeys!
LODOVICO
Is this the noble Moor whom our full senate Call all in all sufficient? Is this the nature Whom passion could not shake? Whose solid virtue The shot of accident nor sprint of adventure Could neither graze nor pierce?
LODOVICO
Is this the same noble Moor that our whole senate thinks so highly of? Is this the person who supposedly could not be shaken by passion? The man whose solid virtue was invulnerable to annihilation chance or fortune could throw at information technology?
IAGO
He has inverse a lot.
LODOVICO
Are his wits condom? Is he not light of brain?
LODOVICO
Does he notwithstanding have his wits? Has he gone crazy, likewise?
IAGO
He's that he is. I may not exhale my censure What he might be. If what he might he is not, I would to sky he were!
IAGO
He is equally he is. I can't say a bad word virtually what he might be like. If he is non what he has the potential to be, then I wish to heaven he was!
LODOVICO
What? Strike his wife?
LODOVICO
What was that most? Why did he hit his wife?
IAGO
'Faith, that was not so well. Still would I knew That stroke would bear witness the worst!
IAGO
That really was non and so good. Only I wish I could say that was the worst he'll do.
LODOVICO
Is it his utilize? Or did the letters work upon his claret And new-create his fault?
LODOVICO
Does he usually hit her similar that? Or did the letter he was reading raise his temper and make him so aroused that he hit her?
IAGO
Alas, alas! It is not honesty in me to speak What I accept seen and known. You shall observe him, And his own courses will denote him then That I may relieve my speech. Do but get after And marker how he continues.
IAGO
Alas, alas! It is not right for me to tell you about what I have seen and learned. Yous will see for yourself, and his deportment will testify you what he is like, and then that I don't have to tell you. Go follow subsequently him, and simply watch how he acts.
LODOVICO
I am sorry that I am deceived in him.
LODOVICO
I'm lamentable I misjudged him.
Source: https://www.litcharts.com/shakescleare/shakespeare-translations/othello/act-4-scene-1
0 Response to "And Turn Again and She Can Weep Sir"
Postar um comentário